Congratulations to our Asian Expo Fantasy Makeup Competition 2013 finalists for making to the top 12!
Duk Soo Veronica Cho
Ying Ying Lam
Chung Yiu Michelle Huang
Imagination + Makeup = ?
A skillful arrangement of art and beauty. Media One Inc. presents Fantasy Make-up Competition at Year of the Snake Expo 2013. Using a combination of techniques and colour palettes, this competition calls for upcoming industry talent and aspiring makeup artists. Express your creativity to the large audience through this live makeup application contest.
February 2nd, 2013 – Fantasy Make-up Competition
February 3rd, 2013 – Fantasy Face & Body Painting Competition Final
Time Limited to Complete Makeup:
2 Hours – Fantasy Make-up Competition
4 Hours – Fantasy Face & Body Painting Competition Final
Competition Show Times:
5:45PM – 6:30PM – Fantasy Make-up Competition
4:00PM – 5:00PM – Fantasy Face & Body Painting Competition Final
Prizes: First place winner receives an award trophy, $300 cash prize and $500 worth of makeup products. Second and Third place winner will also receive award trophies!
Application due date: January 20th, 2013
The competition is a two-day show. Twelve competitors will be selected by portfolio photos that they submit prior. There will be 12 contestants participating on the first day for fantasy beauty makeup; 6 contestants will be eliminated after judges’ deliberation on the first day. The remaining 6 finalists will compete on the second day for fantasy face and body painting. The winner will be announced at the end of the competition. The winner will also receive a $300 cash prize and makeup products!
Fantasy Make-up Competition Rules and Regulations
- Each competitor is required to pay a non-refundable entry fee due at the time of application submission.
- Competitor needs to be attending or graduated from a makeup school.
- Competitor must submit 8 – 10 portfolio photographs of previous work (photos will not be returned).
- Competitors must supply one model per day. Model can be the same for both competition days or it can be different.
- Competitor must apply the make-up by themselves; no assistance allowed.
- Models must arrive with no make-up on before the start of the competition.
- Nudity is not permitted.
- Hair must be prepared during the competition.
- Wardrobe of choice can be prepared prior to the competition.
- All competitors must bring and use their own make-up.
- Prosthetic pieces are not permitted.
- Eyebrow block can be used.
- Competition application must be submitted by January 20th, 2013.
Each competitor’s make-up will be judged based on the application and styling techniques, usage of color, overall presentation, makeup design, relativity to theme, and creativity.
Model Release Form
Model release form will be handed out and MUST be completed before the competition. If model is under 18 years of age, he/she must be accompanied by a parent or guardian and provide signature for authorization.
Application form MUST be filled out entirely and including the photographs to be submitted:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by mail/in person to:
#1245-4380 No 3 Road, Richmond BC V6X 3V7